GeneCorner core plasmid
- the plasmid has been subjected to the following quality control tests: purity, viability and authenticity (sequence and/or restriction enzyme analysis);
- the information related to the plasmid has been processed according to European norms and the resulting full dataset is available, as well as the circular map and the (compiled) nucleotide sequence file;
- the plasmid can be released on receipt of an order.
GeneCorner non-core plasmid
- the plasmid has been subjected to the following quality control tests: purity and viability. The authenticity test (sequence and/or restriction enzyme analysis) has still to be performed;
- the information related to the plasmid has been processed according to European norms. At least the minimal dataset is available at the moment;
- the authenticity test and the full dataset processing are foreseen on receipt of an order, which may take one to three weeks. The plasmid will only be released if positive authenticity results are obtained.
GST project plasmid
See BCCM project: Plasmid resources for Arabidopsis reverse genetics via RNA interference.
- A GeneCorner '.gb' file contains the nucleotide sequence of a plasmid in GenBank format with additional layout formatting data for the VectorNTI software (DNA/RNA documents). This format can also be opened with a common text editor (e.g. Notepad, Word, ...).
- A GeneCorner '.txt' file contains the nucleotide sequence of a plasmid in EMBL format.
BCCM/GeneCorner makes use of the following sources to compile its plasmid sequences:
- own sequence analysis data
- the depositor's information
- online sequence databases
- published literature
- other sources
Since 2019, newly deposited BCCM/GeneCorner plasmids are sequence validated.
- A depositor's '.gb' file contains the nucleotide sequence of a plasmid in GenBank format as submitted by the depositor. This sequence has not been verified or modified by BCCM/GeneCorner.