Good clinical microbiology practice depends on the availability of reliable microbiological resources: pathogens, clinical isolates, allergenic species, plasmids and reference material or test strains.
The Belgian Coordinated Collections of Microorganisms (BCCM) preserve thousands of meticulously characterised isolates and reference strains of bacteria, mycobacteria, filamentous fungi, yeasts and cyanobacteria, but also plasmids, from a huge variety of clinical and environmental sources.
Working under quality controlled conditions, BCCM provides viable organisms or DnA extracts as resources for your research in e.g. epidemiology, pathogenicity, drug development, as well as for testing, validation and educational purposes.
On top of invaluable microbiological resources, BCCM also offers a range of services for microbial analyses. Our specialised staff is ready to help you find the right service for your specific business or academic needs.
Looking for biological material?
Go and visit the BCCM online catalogue: bccm.belspo.be/catalogues
- Subsets of specific interest: test- and control strains, isolates from clinical cases, type strains, antimicrobial resistant strains, mycobacteria, retroviral expression and reporter gene vectors, etc.
- Strain sets for educational purposes at reduced price
- Inactivated material to meet your biosafety requirements
Need to preserve isolates or plasmids?
BCCM preserves cultures and DnA under quality controlled conditions, see bccm.belspo.be/services/deposit.
- Free public deposit under a unique accession number
- Restricted access deposits: safe – patent – storage of third party material
Need to know your cultures?
Make use of the BCCM characterisation expertise.
- Identification : molecular biology – physiology – morphology – taxonomy
- Bio-assays : resistance – inhibition
- Tailor-made approaches
Looking for training?
BCCM provides training for groups or individuals.
- On isolation, cultivation and preservation of clinical isolates and plasmids
- On identification and classification
Require more specific services?
Ask BCCM for consultancy & contract research.