How to order biological material?
- First order of your company/laboratory
Your first order should be sent by mail , e-mail or fax, written on paper with the customer's official letterhead, signed by an authorized person.
With your first delivery, a customer number will be allocated to your company/laboratory.
- Further orders
Further orders can be made using the shopping cart provided you enter your customer number.
- Resources of the public collection are accessible to the scientific community under the conditions of the general BCCM Material Transfer Agreement (MTA), if necessary amended with additional conditions possibly already attached to the biological material. They are distributed for a fee covering expenses. See price list.
- The biological resources are made available to all bona fide individuals operating in a professional environment suitable for handling living material of the biohazard group involved.
- Recipients should verify that they are allowed to receive microbial resources under national and international regulations.
- To avoid delay in delivery, copies of appropriate certificates or import licenses, specific mailing tags or shipment regulations should accompany the order.
Distribution of biological material from the public, safe deposit or patent deposit collection
The well-documented and authenticated strains of bacteria, filamentous and yeasts fungi (including the most important test and control strains), diatoms, plasmids and DNA libraries are publicly available and readily deliverable by BCCM on a world-wide basis.
Biological material of the public collection is accessible to the scientific community under the conditions of the BCCM Material Transfer Agreement (MTA), if necessary amended with additional conditions possibly already attached to the biological material.
Consult the BCCM catalogues to search the biological material you require. Do not hesitate to contact a collection to obtain assistance for the choice of strains that best fit with the purpose of your projects. All information provided by the clients will be treated strictly confidential.
Biological material of the safe deposit collection is not catalogued and is only available to the depositor or to third parties with the written authorization of the depositor. For related costs see the price lists.
Biological material deposited under the Budapest Treaty for patent purposes is not catalogued and only available to the depositor or to third parties with the writtent authorisation of the depositor or an entitled Industrial Property Office.
Accession, control, preservation, storage and supply of biological material and related information in the frame of public deposits are ISO 9001:2008 certified.
For mycobacteria at BCCM/ITM, the control of viability, identity and mycobacterial purity on the batches for release, are performed according to the ISO 15189 standard (BELAC 147MED).
For fungi of medical importance at BCCM/IHEM, the Scientific Institute of Public Health has the competence to perform tests according to the NBN EN ISO/IEC 17025 standard (BELAC 081-TEST/081-INSP).