The BCCM coordination cell is part of the Research Programmes Department of the Belgian Science Policy office (Belspo). The Research Programmes department funds the BCCM consortium to support research, development and innovation in life sciences and biotechnology.
Belspo's integrated quality-environment management system is certified in accordance with the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard and registered in compliance with European regulation 1221/2009 (EMAS). The activities of the BCCM coordination cell are thus also guided by the principles of quality and environmental friendliness.
Objectives of the BCCM coordination cell
1. support the BCCM consortium
- assure the continuity of the consortium
- coordinate, optimize and valorise the consortium
2. reinforce the national and international position of the BCCM consortium
- contribute to the scientific renown of the consortium
- act as an interface between the BCCM and policymakers and international organisations
The coordination team realises these objectives by means of 3 processes: coordination, project management and representation.
Within the “coordination” process, a common policy for the BCCM consortium is defined and implemented:
In the process of “project management” the way that projects are managed and coordinated is described.
Within the process of "representation" the planning, the preparation, the realisation, and the follow-up of all representation activities are managed.
Coordination, project management and representation of the BCCM consortium are ISO 9001:2015 certified.