Last data update: 21 October 2021 10:13 CEST
Plasmid name: Col1a1 5'pEntry (LMBP 9521)
|New search||Print data sheet|
|Price category:||Cat. 1 (cf. price list)|
|Status:||GeneCorner non-core plasmid|
|Promoter:||Escherichia coli lac operon promoter
Human cytomegalovirus immediate early promoter (CMV-IE); minimal promoter with tet operator (CMVT)
|Selection marker:||Neomycin (neo; kanamycin (kan))|
|Replicon:||Escherichia coli plasmid pMB1 origin|
|Host range:||Escherichia coli|
|Further information:||The plasmid is a multisite Gateway entry vector, designed as a 5' entry clone (with attL4-attR1 sites).
The plasmid contains:
- a tetracycline responsive element (TRE), consisting of the minimal human CMV promoter, combined with the tet operator.
- two adjacent copies of the chicken β-globin 5' DNase I hypersensitive site 4 (5'HS4) insulator core sequence. Insulators are DNA sequences which possess the ability to protect expressing genes from inappropriate signals emanating from their surrounding environment by acting as barriers that prevent the advance of nearby condensed chromatin that may otherwise silence expression.
This plasmid is meant for targeting the mouse Col1a1 locus to make inducible, conditional transgenic mice. It should be used in combination with:
- a middle entry clone with attL1-attL2 sites and containing the gene of interest
- a 3' entry clone with attR2-attL3 sites
|EMBL Accession number:||Y14837, view at EMBL, GenBank, DDBJ|
|Latest sequence update:||27/02/2015|
|Authenticity test:||The plasmid still needs to be subjected to the authenticity test.|
|History of deposit:||The plasmid was deposited by Dr T. Hochepied(1)(2) and Prof. Dr C. Libert(1)(2).
(1) Inflammation Research Center, VIB, Ghent, Belgium
(2) Department of Biomedical Molecular Biology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
|Restricted distribution:||- BCCM MTA|
|Distributed as:||H/P active culture or plasmid DNA|
|Host for distribution:||Escherichia coli K12 DH5α|
|Host reference:||Focus 8 (1986), 9
|Related host reference:||Woodcock et al., Nucleic Acids Res. 17 (1989), 3469-3478 [PMID: 2657660]
Rodriguez-Quinones et al., Focus 15 (1993), 110-112
Hanahan, J. Mol. Biol. 166 (1983), 557-580 [PMID: 6345791]
Hanahan, in 'DNA Cloning: A Practical Approach Volume I', IRL Press, Oxford (1985), 109-135 [ISSN/ISBN: 0947946187]
Grant et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 87 (1990), 4645-4649 [PMID: 2162051]
|Cultivation medium:||LB-Lennox + kanamycin (100 μg/ml)|
|Other culture collection numbers:||-|
Refer in your Materials and Methods:
|Col1a1 5'pEntry (LMBP 9521) is available at BCCM/GeneCorner. The plasmid was deposited by Dr T. Hochepied and Prof. Dr C. Libert.|
Note: Up-to-date, validated data are enclosed with the biological material. Nevertheless, these data are a snapshot at a given moment; further updates are always possible.