Microorganisms aid humanity in various ways: by facilitating industrial processes, producing chemical precursors, remediating the environment, etc.
The Belgian Coordinated Collections of Microorganisms (BCCM) preserve thousands of meticulously characterised isolates and reference strains of bacteria, cyanobacteria, filamentous fungi, yeasts and diatoms but also plasmids, from a huge variety of industrial and environmental sources.
Working under quality controlled conditions, BCCM provides viable organisms or DnA extracts as resources for your research in e.g. manufacturing, bioenergy and production of bioresources. Plasmids are available for manipulation of microorganisms to expand their range of application.
On top of invaluable microbiological resources, BCCM also offers a range of services for microbial analyses. Our specialised staff is ready to help youfind the right service for your specific business or academic needs.
Looking for biological material?
Go and visit the BCCM online catalogue: http://bccm.belspo.be/catalogues
- Subsets of specific interest: test- and control strains, degraders, cloning- and expression vectors, etc.
- Customised subsets for screening at special conditions
- Strain sets for educational purposes at reduced price
Need to preserve isolates or plasmids?
BCCM preserves cultures and DnA under quality controlled conditions.
- Free public deposit under a unique accession number
- Restricted access deposits: safe – patent – storage of third party material
Need to know your cultures?
Make use of the BCCM characterisation expertise.
- Research: biodiversity – taxonomy – functional properties
- Industrial products and processes: quality – monitoring – biosafety
- Tailor-made approaches
Looking for training?
BCCM provides training for groups or individuals.
- On isolation, cultivation and preservation techniques
- On polyphasic identification, taxonomy and classification
Require more specific services?
Ask BCCM for consultancy & contract research.