Cyanobacterial service analyses
BCCM/ULC proposes services linked to the identification and characterization of Cyanobacteria to non-profit and profit customers. Analyses can be adapted based on preliminary results and after discussions with the client.
Reports can be either summarized or extended according to the instructions of the customer, and are included in the price.
List of service analyses
|Morphological identification by light microscopy|
|Genomic DNA extraction|
|Partial or complete 16S rRNA sequencing|
|ITS sequencing with or without cloning|
|Detection of genes responsible for microcystin production by PCR|
"On demand" custom services
Consultancy and collaboration
Our team of PhD level experts is always available for a broad range of professional consultancy and specialist services. Covered topics include, but are not limited to
- cyanobacterial taxonomy and characterization
- preservation of cyanobacterial cultures and DNA
- management and quality assurance of microbial resources
- literature studies, e.g. industrial application and safety of specific organisms
- advisory support in scientific dossiers
BCCM/ULC is also open to collaboration with both industrial and academic partners.